Starting editing lesson four of Holly Lisle's course

Friday, May 24, 2013
When I finish this lesson I'll be 19.05 percent through editing this novel. Yes, I'm working out percentages now. That happens when you edit things - or at least when I edit things. It's just nice to see the progress.

I've also decided that this poor novel needs a name. It's had some nicknames: 'Apate' (greek god of deception), and 'Forced Smile'. I think for now I'll call it 'Seeker of Truth'. That may end up having too much of a fantasy ring to it though, and this is a crime /sci fi novel, but I'll deal with that bridge when I come to it.

So for now Seeker of Truth is being torn apart nicely, keeping the bits that I love, because there are a lot of parts that I love about this book. I'll be able to tell you more about it as I edit it, because then I'll have a better idea of which parts I'll be taking out and which parts I'll be keeping in.

My novella 'Epidemic' is still being built. It's coming up for 16 thousand words now, but I sense it'll stop growing soon. I'm on the last scene. This is always an incredibly sad and happy moment for me. I know how it's going to end, but getting it out on paper (computer screen) with the same amount of vividness as it holds in my head is always a challenge - but a good challenge.

I'm going to try and get another short story published on amazon by the end of June, but I'm not letting it go until I'm happy with it. So that idea is more like a goal than a set in stone plan. I'll keep this blog updated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment