Happy birthday

Thursday, July 25, 2013
Yesterday I had an operation. Sadly my wisdom tooth wasn't being wise. It decided to grow in sideways, so it needed to come out. On the day we decided to take two other teeth out as well, so we wouldn't have to take them out later as well.

So currently I am filled with painkillers, minus three wisdom teeth, some gum and a little bit of bone (that sideways tooth really wasn't wise). On top of this it's my birthday. Yay!

So what have I decided to do today? I've had a little bit of a nose on goodreads, and I'm aching to try and plot a short story, and if I'm feeling up to it do some editing. I'm not sure if I'm up for that, but I think I might try.

After all, I'm managing to write this blog post, as hazy as it might turn out to be. That is what it means to be a writer. We may struggle with writers block, and have our bad days, but over all our primary compulsion is to create and write, whether drugged up, in pain or celebrating a birthday.

Now off to try some plotting, and then probably end up staring into space for a large chunk of the day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment