Hitting goals

Friday, August 30, 2013
I have several goals that I set for myself. To give an example, by the time this year is up I want to have my novel 'truth seeker' on its second draft and ten short stories written.

As far as these go, truth seeker is on editing session 13 of 21, and I have seven short stories written, three of which are published. One of my other goals is to write at least 350,000 words of fiction this year. Yesterday I hit 200,000. I'm a little behind where I should be, but I'm carrying on.

Now I might not hit everyone of my goals, some are a little more lofty like my goal to write 100 stories (92 to go), but if you aim for the moon and miss, at least you land in the stars. I think that it is difficult to know where our limitations lie, so the only way to find out is to try and do things we think we can't.

Maybe I'll make a goal to have those 100 stories written by the end of next year, maybe I won't make it, but I'll get a heck of a lot further than if I didn't try.

0 comments:

Post a Comment