Finished editing lesson three in Holly Lisle's course

Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Wow, this one was a doozy. Saying that, I did manage to get through it in record time: five days. Not bad, but it does mean that I won't get the next lesson for three more days.

I went through the whole manuscript again, and learned a lot. I still need to copy some of my scenes from paper to index cards, seeing as I ran out of index cards part way through, but the scenes are done.

This editing session hurt my brain a little bit, but the more I did the easier it got. I ended up with a whole load of scenes, but at least that means I got a whole load of practice.

And what am I going to do with those free days? Easy, I'm going to catch up on outling my series which I am woefully behind on, get hand cramp writing on index cards, and hopefully have time to outline and start writing a short story or two.

There is also my 'epidemic' zombish short story that I thought was going to be short, but is currently at fourteen thousand words and still going. Thankfully it's heading toward wrapping up, maybe another few thousand at the very most.

0 comments:

Post a Comment